Readings Essentials (Drama & Poetry)
This is a list of plays/dramatic texts and poems/poets that I believe are essential reading. Only texts that I have read will be included. As such, this is not meant to be a "definitive" list in any way; it will undergo revision and expansion as I read more stories and reconsider those I have already read. All entries on this list meet one or more of the following criteria:
1. I believe they are culturally significant in some way.
2. I believe they contribute something to literature as a medium.
3. I believe they offer a unique or unorthodox reading experience.
4. I admire or respect their craft.
5. I believe they are exceptional pieces of entertainment.
List is ordered alphabetically by author. Although there are many early modern entries on this list and authorship was far more fluid in that time than it is today, I have elected, for the sake of consistency and simplicity, to organize this list by the author to which each play is most commonly ascribed. The same goes for publication/performance dates.