Reading Essentials (Nonfiction)
This is a list of nonfiction works that I believe are essential reading. Only works that I have read will be included. As such, this is not meant to be a "definitive" list in any way; it will undergo revision and expansion as I read more works and reconsider those I have already read. All entries on this list meet one or more of the following criteria:
1. I believe they are culturally significant in some way.
2. I believe they contribute something specifically to nonfiction as a subset of literature; they explore a topic with notable insight or clarity.
3. I believe they offer a unique or unorthodox reading experience.
4. I admire or respect their craft.
5. I believe they are exceptional pieces of entertainment (yes, nonfiction can be entertaining!).
List is ordered alphabetically by author's last name.